CALL TODAY: (303) 985-4670

Tenant FAQs

Answers to your common questions

What are the general qualifications for application approval?

Credit History - Applicants with NO credit score(s) OR score(s) under 620 most times will not be approved. Two lines of good, current credit established with a creditor who reports to Equifax or other major credit reporting agency. Credit report should reflect no monies owed to a past landlord, no civil action from a past landlord, no evictions and if you’ve had a bankruptcy it must be discharged and longer than 5 years.

Criminal Background Screening - Felonies/drug based misdemeanors or repeated misdemeanors will negatively impact your application file.

Landlord References/ Ownership History – Two recent years of favorable rental references or ownership history.

Income - Verifiable income that meets or exceeds three times the monthly rent. Income is verified via one of the following means: Most recent pay stub with year-to-date income OR hire letter/relocation letter/employment contract OR last 6 months of personal bank statements verifying deposits.

Employment - Length of employment of at least 1 year with your current employer. (This is not a requirement only a condition that will make your application file stronger.)

NOTE: In addition to the above, the following may keep an application file from being approved: credit report showing any late payments, collection/judgements on credit history, criminal history, poor rental history/ownership history OR no rental history/ownership history, income less than three times the rental rate.

You have a property I want to rent. How do I apply?
You can fill out an online application on the home page of the website by clicking on the Apply Online link. All adult applicants will be prompted to fill out their information and upload a copy of their Government issued ID and source of income. The application must be signed via the DocuSign link that will email out to you after you fill out the application information. Applicants must also complete a PetScreener Profile whether you have pets or not, profiles can be completed at:

Do all adults living in the property need to apply?
Yes, AMI requires all adults living in the property apply and meet the approval qualification. Credit and criminal reports are individual and must be completed on each adult.

How old do you have to be to apply?
All applicants, eighteen (18) years of age or older who will be residing in an AMI managed rental property must fill out a separate application. The application fee is non-refundable.

Who needs a cosigner?
If you are over 18 but not yet 21 you will need a co-signer. With that said, AMI will not accept a co-signer to override the qualifications of tenants living in the home. If a co-signer is acceptable for your situation they must also apply online, pay the application fee and supply copies of their ID, Social Security card and pay stub. The co-signer will be listed on the lease and will need to sign all lease documents.

Can you hold a place before I apply?
AMI will not hold an available rental property until we have an approved application with a signed lease and a paid security deposit.

When do I pay the security deposit, first month’s rent and $100 lease administration fee?
The full security deposit is due via a cashier’s check or money order within 24 hours of application approval. The first month’s rent and $100 lease administration fee is due on the lease start date. This payment is also due via a cashier’s check or money order. We do not accept cash at any time nor will we accept a personal check for the security deposit or first month’s rent payment.

Is the deposit refundable?


How do I pay rent?
    • Rent is due on or before the first of each month. 
    • Rent is late at 9AM on the 2nd (even if the 2nd falls on a weekend or holiday). 
    • AMI has no grace period for rent payments.
    • On-line credit or debit card payments must be completed before 5PM on the 1st day of the month.
    • Assured Management never accepts cash.
    • Do not postdate checks. All checks received are deposited on the day of receipt.
    • If you know that you will have a delay or problem paying by the 1st of the month, contact our office immediately to understand the process for late payments.

    To make Online payments on or before the 1st day of the month via: Tenant Portal through Resident Direct 844-530-5785

    1. Make your rental payment via credit/debit card or an e-check from your savings or checking account.
    2. You can make a one-time payments or sign up to have your payments automatically withdrawn each month.
      • Note: Auto payments are for a set amount, if you are responsible for the water/sewer charges you will need to set up a separate onetime payments for the water/sewer charges.
      • When you are making 2 or more payments you will need to use these work arounds to get the payments set up. (Resident Direct will not allow a second payment from the same account to be generated when the first payment has started to process)
      • Set up the onetime payment before the auto payment is scheduled to start. In other words if you have set up the auto pay for the 1st of the month, on or before the last day of the current month set up the onetime payment.
      • Use a different portal or checking/savings accounts. This will also work for roommate partial payments, each roommate would set up partial payments through their own Tenant Portal. Note:  You can use the same bank account on different portals
    3. Resident Direct charges $1.00 for an e-check and 2.95% for credit/debit card payment.

    To make payment on or before the 1st day of the month via: Check, money order or cashier’s check

    1. Mail the rent to AMI, 1244 South Wadsworth Blvd., Lakewood CO 80232.
      1. If mailing the rent please allow time (holidays, weekends, AMI does not receive a Saturday mail delivery). 
      2. In order to avoid late fees/posing fees rent must be in the AMI office on or before the 1st.  
    2. Deliver rent in person at the office. We are open Mon-Fri from 9-12 and 1-4PM.
    3. Place rent in the afterhours “Rent Box “outside the front door of the office building

I want to get a pet. What do I do?
Start by reading Tenant Manual and contacting AMI for pre-approval of a possible pet (we will need to reach out to the property owner first). Once the owner has given pre-approval and once you have a specific pet in mind please complete a PetScreener Profile, profiles can be completed at: Property owners have the option to approve or deny a request to add a pet to the lease agreement. Per the lease agreement visiting pets are never permitted in an AMI managed property.

I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?
Occasionally it becomes necessary for one resident to move out while another resident wishes to remain in the rental property.  No matter the reason, all residents must fill out and sign a Separation of Co-Residents Agreement.  AMI will not partially refund the security deposit; residents must settle any disagreements regarding funds without AMI involvement.  A processing fee of $200 must be paid to AMI before the separation process can begin; this fee may increase if the process requires additional paperwork or time in order to fit your particular needs. 

By signing the Separation of Co-Residents Agreement vacating residents agree to be released from the existing lease and agree to give up right, title and interest to the security deposit. Remaining residents agree to be re-qualified and to sign a replacement lease agreement that may include increased rent or increased security deposit. The existing lease remains in full force and effect until a replacement lease agreement has been signed by all parties.

Email us with any questions at

My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?

Check the lease agreement to see if you are eligible to give notice. You can give written notice 30 days before the last day of the lease agreement. If you are on month to month tenancy you can give notice 30 days before the end of the month you want to move out.  If you move out in the middle of the month, you are responsible for rent to the end of the month. A lease is a binding agreement for a set period and you may still be bound to the lease. Click here to submit a notice to vacate. 

Who is responsible for paying for repairs & maintenance requests?

Tenants are responsible for the maintenance of the rental home in that you must notify AMI of any damage to the property or of poor performance of any vendor sent to maintain the property.  Please refer to your Tenant Manual for more information.

Emergencies such as backed up plumbing, flooding, call the afterhours emergency service 720-575-7338.

1244 S. Wadsworth Blvd.
Lakewood, CO 80232

Phone: (303) 985-4670
Fax: (303) 763-8982
Susan E. Melton, Broker

Office hours:
Monday-Friday 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 4 pm.

Copyright © 2021 Assured Management, Inc. CRMC®. All Rights Reserved.
Property Management Website powered by PMW  |  Rent Screener  |  Sitemap